Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fiction Vs non Fiction

I love reading fiction..

But being an MBA student its expected that I do read some business books..

Business I feel is more about common sense applied even in uncommon situations..

So going by the so called gud habits currently I am reading Get better or get beaten by some one (ofcourse as usual I dont remember the author.. its a non-fiction) .. its abt jack welch.. I have tried reading Jack welch earlier as well..his autobiography JACK but cudnt read it for more than a few hunderd pages..but I read it more as a duty rather than for interest.. similar was the case for "made in japan"
I enjoyed Lee Iacoca's autobiography though... read it in engineering college..
coming back to the current book..

I feel there is very less or almost nothing that I will gain from this book..
rather I feel I gain more when I read a book by john grisham or jefrey archer..
seriously I mean I loved the book "As the crow Flies", "Not a penny more not a penny less" etc..
These authors write about fictional characters who are very smart and intelligent and I feel I can learn more from them.

There is another benefit: U can not find the fault with these fictional characters but u can do so easily with the real heros..

Another thing I feel is that these non-fictional books talk about one topic for much more than required.. I dont understand how something that can be said in 1 line needs a 800 page book..

These books are more boring than even the prescribed text books for our course.

Well all said and done..
if I have to say that I love reading may be I need to take names of more "Business Books" rather than jeffrey archer and john grishams..atleast for interviews..

chlao than let me go back to my so called Business book..

2 comments:

  1. hey, now i dont feel intimdated about u reading a business book while i pile all the books on my desk... fiction as well as non-fiction... hope u complete this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:06 AM

    As far as im concerned I would prefer to pass my time in the company of a bad fiction than amidst a well appreciated 'Business' book... kinda hate those sermonizations, get-it-right type of books...
    maybe that's the way i am...

    Anyways... nice to know tht "RT" stands for Artee... keep up the good work!
    I'll visit ur blog again... provided I remain alive and I don't forget!!

    ReplyDelete