Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Books I love

I have always wanted to find a book which I would keep in my shelf and I will read it again after a few days...
One is definitely ‘Gone with the wind’ it helps me keep faith in so many things where I don’t conform to the norms, and yes I love the romance of Rhett Butler and Scarlet- definitely I love the sequel as well (written by another author) as it brings a happy ending- I always like to see something going like happily ever after.
Now I have got the other book which I feel I will have in my collection: “God’s Debris”.
This book was passed on to me by a friend of mine couple of months ago... at that time I started reading this but left it in between as I felt disturbed after reading a few pages..
The book deals with the eternal questions of life which are there in every human’s mind. The questions I had been trying to find an answer to since I gained consciousness... The book doesn’t give all answers that I can believe in but yes it talks abt them in an interesting manner...I finished the book in 20 hours which include doing all my work and sleeping 10 hours, being on phone for hours, messaging etc...that is effectively in 6-7 hours... It really feels good as it has been ages since I have finished a book within 24 hours, and that too a book which is semi fiction...
I am thankful to my friend with whom I did discussed abt such topics at a remote time and he gave me this book... This is one of the best gifts I have received. Thanku boss...

2 comments:

  1. This is such a coincidence... I came online to write a post about "Gone with the wind" and how I love Scarlett... Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...its great..to find that so....now whats your recommendation ( book ) to me....eager to know...

    ReplyDelete